Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet ComboBox not droping on cue.

Excel 97 SR2

I am building an input sheet and using Control Toolbox ComboBoxes in
some of the cells. And I want the dropdowns to automatically open when
the cell containing the dropdown is selected (activated).

The following tidbit works if I go from a "normal cell" to a cell with a
combobox

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
Application.EnableEvents = False
Select Case Target.Address
Case "$B$5"
ComboBox1.DropDown

But if I am going from a cell with a combobox to another cell with a
combobox, I can't get the automatic dropdown.

Have tried the change event of one box to activate the next, but still
cannot get the automatic dropdown. (Sometimes this approach cause a crash
so I have given it up.

I have been having trouble with my Excel and am thinking of having it
reinstalled. My PC people did find some "spyware" and removed it.

Did find a corruption issue and think that I got rid of it. But am not
sure. May have to totally rebuild my workbook, instead of the suspect pages
ONLY.

My toolbars (.xlb) was exceedingly large and have started over with that.
It is now down to about 12 kb...

Have emptied all my Temp folders, Recycle bin. Ran Code Cleaner. And don't
know what else to do.

Should I use a Listbox instead? Should I go to the Forms Toolbar?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

--
sb