Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default OLE Container Control in VB.NET

I am trying to create an application that hosts an Excel
Workbook in its form. With Visual Studio .NET and a VB
project, I can not find the "OLE Container Control" in its
toolbox. I know that VB6.0 has such a control in its
toolbox. How can I do this in VB.NET. Is it possible to do
this?

Many thanks in advance.
Yi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Yi,

Very good question!

Visual Studio .Net provides the same function. You can find the "Microsoft
Excel <version number type library" from Project-Add Reference...-Com .
Then you can use object browser to explore the class namespace and take
advantage of it to develop your own application.

Does this answer your question? Thank you for using Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Dong Xu.

By adding a reference to Excel object library into the
project, you can write VBA codes, such as "Dim workbooks
as Excel.Workbooks" and "workbooks.Open("abc.xls")". But
what I wanted to do is to have a control in the Form and
the control is an OLE container that hosts an Excel
Workbook.

In the Toolbox window, use "Customize Toolbox" context
menu item, a control can be added to toolbox. I can find
a "Microsoft Office Spreadsheet 10.0" control. But I don't
think its object model is exactly equivalent to the Excel
Workbook.

Yi

Visual Studio .Net provides the same function. You can

find the "Microsoft
Excel <version number type library" from Project-Add

Reference...-Com .
Then you can use object browser to explore the class

namespace and take
advantage of it to develop your own application.

Does this answer your question? Thank you for using

Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services

confers no rights.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Yi,

Thank you for replying and the detailed information about this issue!

From my understanding to your issue now, you may use the Office SpreadSheet
control to build the Excel-like edit enviroment in your own application.
The spreadsheet control also provides the Excel-compatible object model
which will make your development fast. Furthermore, both Excel and
Spreadsheet support the common file format XML so that you can export the
data from Excel workbook as XML and then import them into spreadsheet
control. After the modification of your application users, you can save
them as xml format and then update the data in Excel workbook.

In addtion, Office Web component also contains one Spreadsheet control
which can be used in web pages. You can obtain web component Toolpack from
Microsoft.com. Please go to:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...477-2100-4586-
A13C-50E56F101720&displaylang=en

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Does this answer your question? Thank you for using Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks WeiDong. Yes, your anwser is very helpful.

Yi

Thank you for replying and the detailed information about

this issue!

From my understanding to your issue now, you may use the

Office SpreadSheet
control to build the Excel-like edit enviroment in your

own application.
The spreadsheet control also provides the Excel-

compatible object model
which will make your development fast. Furthermore, both

Excel and
Spreadsheet support the common file format XML so that

you can export the
data from Excel workbook as XML and then import them into

spreadsheet
control. After the modification of your application

users, you can save
them as xml format and then update the data in Excel

workbook.

In addtion, Office Web component also contains one

Spreadsheet control
which can be used in web pages. You can obtain web

component Toolpack from
Microsoft.com. Please go to:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?

FamilyId=BEB5D477-2100-4586-
A13C-50E56F101720&displaylang=en

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Does this answer your question? Thank you for using

Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services

confers no rights.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Yi,

Thank you for replying!

It is my pleasure to be some of service!

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you once more for using Microsoft NewsGroup!