Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula Help Needed

I use a spreadsheet to keep records of lottery results in the range(A:F)
exlucding the bonus ball.
I need a formula to tell me how many in the row are consecutive numbers
in the row and keep the answer in cell H-M

e.g.

A B C D E F H I J K L M
11 12 22 24 27 28 2-1-1-1-1
10 12 25 33 39 41 1-1-1-1-1-1

Thanks for the help.
Michael168

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michael,

Not sure if this is exaclty what your looking for...

In H1 put 1 (it will always be 1 consecutive number for
the first number)
In I1 put =IF(B1=A1+1,H1+1,1) and copy through col M.
drag down for as many rows as needed (watch the 1 in
col H it might increment...)

for your example it produces
1 2 1 1 1 2
1 1 1 1 1 1

Not quite what you wanted but close.

Dan E

"Michael168" wrote in message ...
I use a spreadsheet to keep records of lottery results in the range(A:F)
exlucding the bonus ball.
I need a formula to tell me how many in the row are consecutive numbers
in the row and keep the answer in cell H-M

e.g.

A B C D E F H I J K L M
11 12 22 24 27 28 2-1-1-1-1
10 12 25 33 39 41 1-1-1-1-1-1

Thanks for the help.
Michael168

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Dan E,

Thanks for the try.
But the order of the answer is not correct.
It looks like something related to the combin formula.

Thanks
Michael168