Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Defining Range Extent

I am using a single worksheet to load a record set of variable number of
rows. Before loading I clear the worksheet using.......

Columns("A:N").Select
Selection.ClearContents

I then load the data and select the set by using......

Range("A1").Select
Range(Selection, ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)).Select
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="DATA", RefersTo:="=audit!" &
Selection.Address()

My problem is that if the previously loaded record set used more rows than
the new record set the range selection reflects the previously loaded data
(more rows than I need). I have heard discussion about 'pure' worksheet,
where no data has been placed in cells. How do I clear the worksheet out to
create this 'pure' state or do I need to use a different command to select
the range of the new data ?

Cheers
Nigel