Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tool tips on UDF

Hi
I'm making a function in VBA.
When the user types a excel function into a cell some tool tip appares
to help on the parameters.
How can I make this to happen on my home-made functions.

I cant tell everyone what parameters they should use. My life is too
short for that. :)

Thanks
Bjarte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/DesciptionToUDF.htm
shows how to add help for the function - which could
address the arguments - but adding help for each argument
separately is very difficult.

HTH,
Merjet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can look at the information Laurent Longre has posted on his site about
this:

http://longre.free.fr/english/func_cats.htm

Newer addin that supports this:
http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html#FunCustomize