Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Batch Files

Hello,

How do I create batch files using excel?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As in MS DOS Batch files?

You don't, you use a text editor.

You can RUN batch-files from Excel using the Shell command.

"Mitch" wrote in message
Hello,

How do I create batch files using excel?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Actually, you can create batch-files using excel but you would need to
create a text file (see the OPEN command in VBA) write data to the file and
then close it.

Not the easiest way to create batch files...

What are you trying to do exactly?

"Mitch" wrote in message
Hello,

How do I create batch files using excel?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,

Have a tool to send "Net Send" messages, currently this
loop's through lengthy lists of PC addresses that are on
the network.

There are several different list's depending on which
user group the message needs to go to. This is causing
numerous CMD boxes to appear in the task bar while it
runs.

I was hoping to create a batch file to send the message,
thereby reducing the number of boxes that appear.

Thanks