Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I Tried it, still problem...

Thanks, but it found the wrong cell.

More Specifically, I want the macro to work as follows:
1. Go to a specific Cell
2. Copy to the clipboard all the text in that cell.
3. Paste what it copied into the Find box.
4. Go to a specific worksheet.
5. Go to the first cell (Control+home).
6. Paste what's on the clipboard into the Find Box and
Find.
7. Select the contents of that cell, and Copy it to the
clipboard.
8. Go to a specific worksheet and a specific cell, and
paste the contents of the clipboard in it.
8. Go to a specific worksheet and cell, and copy the
clipboard contents into it.

FOLLOWING IS THE CODE AS IT WAS RECORDED, WITH MY COMMENTS
IN IT TO POINT OUT WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT. (If you could
edit it to comply with my comments, that would be great.
Thanks.)
___________
Sub Macro5()
'
Application.Goto Reference:="R9C7"
ActiveCell.Range("A1:T1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "1 2 b3 4 5 6 b7"
' [WRONG! COPY WHATEVER IS IN THERE AT THE TIME I RUN THE
MACRO]
Sheets("SCIT").Select
Application.Goto Reference:="R1C1"
Cells.Find(What:="1 2 b3 4 5 6 b7", After:=ActiveCell,
LookIn:=xlFormulas _
' [WRONG! FIND WHATEVER IS IN THERE AT THE TIME I RUN THE
MACRO]
, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows,
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False).Activate
ActiveCell.Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "1 2 b3 4 5 6 b7 "
' [WRONG! ACTIVATE WHATEVER IS FOUND THERE AT THE TIME I
RUN THE MACRO]
Sheets("FINDER").Select
Application.Goto Reference:="R34C7"
ActiveCell.Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"Major-Mode 1 - Ionian (The Major Scale) 1 2 b3 4
5 6 b7 "
' [WRONG! THE TEXT SHOULD BE WHATEVER IS IN THERE AT THE
TIME I RUN THE MACRO]