Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika Dick Kusleika is offline

Default I Tried it, still problem...

Jim

If my query is "S5 Q3 R9 "
The macro you sent will also display, as an exact/inverted match,
results : "S5KK Q3 R9", which is not desired.

That doesn't get returned when I run it. Did you change the macro that I
posted?

"S5[+space]" is what I want it to search for, not "S5". That way it
wouldn't return S5KK because there is not a space after 5. In my
database (the "SCIT" page) there is a space after every word in every
cell, even the last word in every cell, because I anticipated that the
macro would have to search for [word]+[space].

The two lines that look like this

what:=FWhat(j) & Chr(32), _

are what add the space and it seems to work properly for me. I can send you
the workbook I used for testing if you want to look it over and see if there
is an assumption that I'm missing.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel