Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how do I get " 1st" to look proper (superscript the "st")

Here is my command in a cell (word wrapped for this posting) :

=CONCATENATE("1- Your January 1st,"," ",Sheet1!$I$9," ","mortgage
payment shall")

I want to make the "1st" look proper (superscript the "st"). Any
advice??? I tried to highlight and right click on the " st " in the
formula bar above but the format cell command was grayed out in the
pop up. If I go to the cell and highlight it, everything gets
superscripted when applied because everything gets highlighted (not
just the "1st" which is what I'm trying to do).

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Frankg

You sheet is protect that's why the format cell command is grayed out I think

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"frankg" wrote in message ...
Here is my command in a cell (word wrapped for this posting) :

=CONCATENATE("1- Your January 1st,"," ",Sheet1!$I$9," ","mortgage
payment shall")

I want to make the "1st" look proper (superscript the "st"). Any
advice??? I tried to highlight and right click on the " st " in the
formula bar above but the format cell command was grayed out in the
pop up. If I go to the cell and highlight it, everything gets
superscripted when applied because everything gets highlighted (not
just the "1st" which is what I'm trying to do).

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 20:52:53 +0200, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Frankg

You sheet is protect that's why the format cell command is grayed out I think

Thanks for trying but no such luck. Oh well tomorrow is another day
<grin.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

AFAIK you can only format individual characters in a text
string, but you have described a formula.

You could dump a string into your cell with a formula in
code, and work out the start position of "st", which in
your example is 18

With Range("A1")
..Value = "1- Your January 1st " & Range("$I$9") & _
" mortgage payment shall"
..Characters(18, 2).Font.Superscript = True
End With

You may want to put your code in the "Worksheet_Change"
event of the Sheet containing Range("$I$9"), possibly use
a defined name for this range and compare with the Target.

Regards,
Sandy

.