Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Use of MODE Function -- Not Working

I'm confused. I'm using Excel 2000 and I cannot get the below formula
to work. I only get #####. The strange thing is that if I change MODE
to AVERAGE or MEDIAN it works fine -- only the MODE function does not
work.

=MODE(Firstsheet:LastSheet!C5:C20)

Thanks if you can help . . . .

AJ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

AJ -

... I only get #####. ... <

That usually means the result has too many characters to be displayed
properly. So either format the cell to use a smaller font or increase the
column width.

- Mike Middleton, www.usfca.edu/~middleton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From Help:

Guidelines for using 3-D references
a.. You can use 3-D references to refer to cells on other sheets, to
define names, and to create formulas by using the following functions: SUM,
AVERAGE, AVERAGEA, COUNT, COUNTA, MAX, MAXA, MIN, MINA, PRODUCT, STDEV,
STDEVA, STDEVP, STDEVPA, VAR, VARA, VARP, and VARPA.

b.. 3-D references cannot be used in array formulas.

c.. 3-D references cannot be used with the intersection operator (a single
space) or in formulas that use implicit intersection.
Note that mode is not one of the few functions listed.

Tom Ogilvy

m...