Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to hide Excel window when activating a Shape object

Have you tried:

Application.Visible = False
shape.OLEFormat.Verb(Excel.XlOLEVerb.xlVerbOpen)
Application.Visible = True

--
Bob Kilmer

"Yi" wrote in message
I have a VB application that processes an Excel file. The
Excel file has a Chart (actually a Workbook) Shape object
embedded in it. The application needs to activate the
Shape object in order to update the data in the worksheet.
When the following code is called, the Excel window will
always popup.
shape.OLEFormat.Verb(Excel.XlOLEVerb.xlVerbOpen)

Can anybody tell me how to hide the Excel window when this
code is called? I can only find two types of verbs - Open
and Primary, and they both display the window.

Or, is there any other way to activate the OLE object
without displaying the Excel window?

Thanks in advance.
Yi