Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DATALISTS

Im working on a page that is passed 1 or multiple factility ids.

i take those ids and will display all the facility information in a
datalist. The data will come from 3 tables from a sql server datatbase.

facility table
regulations table
sectors table

a facility can have multiple regulations and multiple sectors.

I would like the report to look something like this

====DATALIST====

facility id reg1
facility name reg2
city reg3
prov ........
POstal Code sector1
latitude sector2
longitude

================

of course this isnt exactly what i want it to look like but its just to
illustrate.
for instance, there could be more or fewer sectors or regulations.

my problem is that im not sure how to show multiple regs and multiple
sectors for a single facility.

i figure ill create a datatable that gets filled from a sqldataadapter.
the datatable will then
get binded to the datalist.

If there was a way to do a sql statment that concatenated all the
regulations for each facility, but that
wouldnt be exactly what i want because i would like to have all the
regulations clickable (hyperlinked to
regulation reports)

Im no expert at datalists or ASP.net 2003 in itself. so if i could get
pointed in the right direction, get some examples or free code, or
anything i would really appreciate it.

someone had to do something like this before. but im totally lost and
have to get this done soon.

well thanks in advance

dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

Did you develop your application is EXCEL VBA?
If so, I suggest you use the MSFlexGrid instead.
e.g.
Private Sub MSFlexGrid1_Click()
MsgBox MSFlexGrid1.Row & "," & MSFlexGrid1.Col
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim cn As New ADODB.Connection
cn.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=123;Persist Security
Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=Northwind;Data Source=sha-sgyuan-2k"
cn.Open
Dim rs As Recordset
Set rs = New Recordset
rs.Open "select * from customers", cn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic
MSFlexGrid1.Row = 1
MSFlexGrid1.Col = 2
MSFlexGrid1.Text = rs.Fields("customerid").Value
rs.Close
cn.Close
End Sub

If no,can you post more information about where do you develop your
application, on a userform in EXCEL VBA or VS.NET asp.net?

Regards,
Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security