Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automation error running an excel add-in

Hi:

I built an add-in that runs on different environments: Windosw XP with
Excel 2000 or Excel XP, W98 with Excel 2000 o Excel XP and even in
W2000 and Excel 2000 or Excel XP.

Sometimes when I install the add-in some problems arise around some
missing references. After building the reference everything gets
right.

Actually I have a computer with W98 SE with Excel XP installed where I
can not do anything with my add-in because I received a message
indicating "Automation error". I found a missing reference, added it
but I can not update the add-in file.

How can I know which dll or ocx is missing?

Something extrange is that when I will add a reference for instance:
Microsoft Activex Data Ojbects (Multi-Dimensional)library I can read
there is in version 1 but after added they really reference to version
2.6.

I also tried to export and import forms and one of them could not be
imported because a message indicating that "the Oleobjectblob property
can not be established". This form use a treeview control that I need
but I see it is not included in the form.

I have tried to do changes and update (save it) but it is not
possible.

I will appreciate any help or comments.

Thanks,
Edison Wong