Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro to insert rows.

How do I get a macro to search alphabetically by two
categories?

I want to create a macro that can insert a row of
information and formula's into a worksheet.

I have 9 categories of alpha sorted names and 13
worksheets. So I need to find the right category, then
insert the row in its proper location in every worksheet.

I figured I can add a numeric code to the category names
(1,2,3...) to make them easier to search but not sure how
to approach the rest.

Any Ideas?

Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Really would need to know how you data is laid out to suggest anything

In general, I would use the Find command to find the first category, then
loop down the adjacent column to find the second, insuring I was still in
the found category.

Do this on each sheet.

another approach would be to use the autofilter and filter on the two
category columns. find the appropriate cells, then remove the filter and do
your work.

Tom Ogilvy
Todd wrote in message
How do I get a macro to search alphabetically by two
categories?

I want to create a macro that can insert a row of
information and formula's into a worksheet.

I have 9 categories of alpha sorted names and 13
worksheets. So I need to find the right category, then
insert the row in its proper location in every worksheet.

I figured I can add a numeric code to the category names
(1,2,3...) to make them easier to search but not sure how
to approach the rest.

Any Ideas?

Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for responding! I thought my question was to
ambiguous for anyone to understand.

I am trying to figure out a way to approach this. The
layout is like this. (its a payroll worksheet so all data
entries begin with a last name)

Phoenix
Data
Data
Data

Mohave
Data
Data
Data

rows for data entry

(Each heading might have as many 2-80 entries under it and
the rows are 50 columns wide. New rows get added or
deleted every week)

I have rows at the bottom of the worksheet to do the data
entry in, I then need to find the correct category and
insert the row in its proper alpabetical order. I am
using the autofilter right now. Seperately for each
sheet. I am hoping to smooth this out a little.

thanks again for helping AND especial thanks cause this
post is days old. Its incredible how helpful everyone is!

.