Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Editing date in textbox?

When a date is required in a spreadsheet cell it is real easy to use Data
Validation. But if input is being entered in a Form, one only has a
textbox. (I am not interested in any date input control, as nothing is
easier to input than simply typing a date.) I don't see any easy way to
edit that the date is valid. I am planning to try assigning the input to a
date data type and capturing any errors. Is there any other way?

Thanks, Don <donwiss at panix.com.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Don,

You will have to use the 'IsDate' funcion:

If IsDate(TextBox1) = False Then
MsgBox "Not a valid date."
Else
MsgBox "Valid date"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, zantor wrote:

You will have to use the 'IsDate' funcion:

If IsDate(TextBox1) = False Then
MsgBox "Not a valid date."
Else
MsgBox "Valid date"
End If

Thank you. I was not aware of Isdate. I will try this tomorrow at work, and
hope that it exists in Excel 97.

Don <donwiss at panix.com.