Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dra dra is offline

Default subtotal of row field in pivot table

Is there anyone who can help me solve this problem below? I need this
solution for my urgent excel report

Your help and time is really appreciated. Thanks!

(dra) wrote in message om...
I need assistance in calculating Total Balance per Device Group for
one of my pivot report. I have the following pivot table (crosstab) in
excel

Row Fields: Device#, Lot#, DateIn, QtyIn, Balance
Column Field: ODate (Out Date)
Data Field: ShipQty (Sum of ShipQty)

A sample data look of the pivot report is

Device# Lot# DateIn QtyIn Balance ODate1 ODate2.. ODateN GrandTotal
D1 L1D1 03/01/02 400 300 50 30 20 100
L2D1 06/17/03 200 200 0
D1Total ??(500) 50 30 20 100
D2 L1D2 09/10/03 150 0 100 50 150
L2D2 09/01/02 700 300 75 200 125 400
L3D2 07/10/02 100 20 10 70 80
D2Total ??(320) 185 250 195 630
D3 L1D3 08/10/03 150 30 20 100 120
D3Total ??(30) 20 100 120

Each Device has 0.. N lots, The device field is set to calculate
subtotal of ShipQty

I need to calculate Balance of all for each device group. I have
marked the required values within ??() to highlight them on the
DeviceTotal Group Subtotal line. Please note that data marked within
??() is not appearing currently on the report but i need this data to
appear on the table

I tried many things but couldn't get this Balance sum for each device
subgroup.

How can I get this using calculated field or item or any other way of
doing this report in excel?

Please advise! I need this report showing balance sum asap, quick help
is appreciated.
Thanks,
DRA