Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help Requested: Count Array with Multiple Text Criteria.

I am trying to construct an array which will count text entries based
on text criteria for two other variables.I have tweaked this array
every way I can think of but keep getting #Value! Or 0.

This is basically what I have been working with:
{=SUM((Sheet1!$C$2:$C$500, A5)*(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$500,
B5")*Sheet1!E$2:E$500="YES")}

Sheet1: This is my data sheet. Column C is a list of names, Column D
is a list of month names and E is a list of YES or NO answers.

Sheet2: This is my tally sheet. Reference names are defined in column
A, reference months in column B. Column C is where my count formulas
are. I am trying to get the count of either the YES or NO answers.

Any suggestions?
Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom, that same question had me stumped for a couple of weeks.
Guess I should of posted the question... I kept thinking I was just
not phrasing the search question the right way. 99% of the time in the
past 4 years I find you or Chip have already answered my question once
I figure out how to ask it.....

Ron