Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MVP Help please

Delete the messages. Microsoft does not email patches, or send messages
with a direct link to a download. The following article has more
information:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...patch_hoax.asp

martyn wrote:
I know this isnt really in the right place, but ive been
using the forums allot recently and know you know most of
what there is to know and that you are very helpful. Ive
just been checking my email and i have a load of emails
from "microsoft" and "MS Net" with attachments
containing .exe's. Ive never known microsoft to do this
before and the reply email address is
which is dodgy as far as im
concerned. The email on the other hand is very authentic
looking albeit with nothing that coulndt be put in there
by a malicious sender. Any advice anybody??
Many thanks.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Its what i have done to be honest, I had about 50 from
various different "microsoft" locations. I would say there
is a new virus on the warpath then. The email looks vey
convincing though. Is there anything that can be done?
contacting microsoft or?????
Many thanks
Delete the messages. Microsoft does not email patches, or

send messages
with a direct link to a download. The following article

has more
information:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?

url=/technet/security/news/patch_hoax.asp

martyn wrote:
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, the email does look convincing, and I expect that Microsoft is
aware of the problem. There's lots of information in their security
section that may help you:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/