Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Xml and Excel

hi all,

i have this problem:
i have 3 excel files: the first has a calculated field that contains a sum
formula from A1 to A25 linked to an other file, file 1 or file 2.
File 1 is a standard excel file
File 2 is a file generated in XML

the function works if file1 is in a formula, but it dosen't work ( don't
find a link to a file and show a relative error messagebox ) if the file2
is in a formula (work only if file2 is opened)

Help me!

--
Ringhio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This looks to be a limitation on Excel. I found this article on linking to
HTML files on disk and, although I didn't find one on XML, I think the same
problem exists for it:

Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The article says you have to open the XML file. I don't know of any other
solution.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP