Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programatically Displaying Office Assistant Balloon

I had some code which used to work under XL97 for
Windows. Now, under XL2002, the code does not function,
but yet I don't receive any error messages either...

???????

Sub DisplayInstructions()
With Assistant
.FileName = "mnature.act"
.Reduced = True
.Sounds = True
.MoveWhenInTheWay = True
.TipOfDay = False
.Visible = True
.Animation = msoAnimationGreeting
End With
With Assistant.NewBalloon
.BalloonType = msoBalloonTypeNumbers
.Icon = msoIconAlert
.Button = msoButtonSetOK
.Heading = "How to use the Curie Content
Calculator."
.Labels(1).Text = "Retrieve Isotopic Data in
CLASS."
.Labels(2).Text = "Highlight ALL CLASS data
by 'clicking' on the 'cornerstone' of the CLASS Isotopic
Spreadsheet."
.Labels(3).Text = "Select 'Copy to Clipboard'."
.Labels(4).Text = "Activate this workbook and
select 'Paste Data' button."
.CheckBoxes(1).Text = "Show what a 'cornerstone'
is."
.Show
If .CheckBoxes(1).Checked Then
Assistant.Visible = False
Load Cornerstone
Cornerstone.Show
Exit Sub
End If
End With
Assistant.Visible = False
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this.

From the help file:
Using the Assistant Object
Use the Assistant property to return the Assistant object. There isn't a
collection for the Assistant object; only one Assistant object can be active
at a time. Use the Visible property to display the Assistant, and use the On
property to enable the Assistant.

my guess is you need to use the on property since I don't see it in the code
you showed in your post

Also from the help file:
On Property
True if the Office Assistant is enabled. Read/write Boolean.
Example
This example disables the Office Assistant, displays a message box that asks
the user whether the Assistant should be enabled, and enables the Assistant
if the user clicks Yes. If the users enables the Assistant, the Assistant
appears and performs the animation
msoAnimationGreeting.
Assistant.On = False
If MsgBox("Enable Office Assistant?", _
vbYesNo, "Assistant is Off") = vbYes Then
Assistant.On = True
Assistant.Visible = True
Assistant.Animation = _
msoAnimationGetAttentionMajor