Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to send an alert message to other apps?

I am running a lengthy process. Is there a way that I can pop up a
message from Excel while I am working in another application?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:30:02 -0700, "Jake Marx"
wrote:

Hi dchow,

I think you'll have to use the Windows MessageBox instead of Excel's. To do
this, put the following 2 declarations in a Standard Module (outside of all
procedures at top of Module):

Public Const MB_SYSTEMMODAL = &H1000&

Public Declare Function MessageBox Lib "user32" _
Alias "MessageBoxA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, _
ByVal lpText As String, _
ByVal lpCaption As String, _
ByVal wType As Long) As Long

To use it:

MessageBox 0, "test" & vbNullChar, "test" & vbNullChar, _
MB_SYSTEMMODAL