Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DialogBox

I would like to create my own UserForm with browse window.
How to do that?
I want to point(only, not open) at file in computer and then send its
path to program (as a string)
I dont know how to create my own userform with "browsing" window and
some more buttons to send this info further.
Thanks for help in advice.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Use something already built-in instead of creating a form:

Sub test()
Dim V
V = Application.GetOpenFilename
If V = False Then
MsgBox "chicken"
Else
MsgBox "Something with " & CStr(V)

HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP
Followup to newsgroup only please

"Greg" skrev i melding
om...
I would like to create my own UserForm with browse window.
How to do that?
I want to point(only, not open) at file in computer and then send its
path to program (as a string)
I dont know how to create my own userform with "browsing" window and
some more buttons to send this info further.
Thanks for help in advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have a look at application.getopenfilename in the vb help.

simple use is

strFileName = Application.getopenfilename()

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com
Check out our XspandXL add-in

om...