Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sds sds is offline

Default extracting information from populated cells

I need to export data from one excel file to another but
without defining a set selection area as the amount of
data varies and i do not want any blank entries or entries
missed. Any help please!!??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

activesheet.copy After:=Workbooks("Book2.xls").Worksheets(1)

as far as removing blanks and so forth, one would need to know more
information about the data being copied.

Tom Ogilvy

"sds" wrote in message
I need to export data from one excel file to another but
without defining a set selection area as the amount of
data varies and i do not want any blank entries or entries
missed. Any help please!!??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sds sds is offline

on my spreadsheet, the first columns used for data are A:8
to U:8 as all above is used for company logo. The A to U
will remain constant, however 8 may goto 10 one day, or
200 the next. Ive been doing by selecting A:8 to U:8, down
to A:50 to U:50. This bypasses the logo, but if there only
30 entries then i still get 20 empty fields extracted
across.
Many thanks

"sds" wrote in message
I need to export data from one excel file to another but
without defining a set selection area as the amount of
data varies and i do not want any blank entries or

entries
missed. Any help please!!??

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim rng as Range
With Activesheet
set rng = .Range(.Range("A8"),.Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup) ).Resize(,21)
End With
rng.copy Workbooks("Book2.xls").Worksheets(1).Range("A1")

if column A will have an entry in the last row.

Tom Ogilvy