Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Exporting from multiple worksheets to single text file

Hi,

I have an Excel file with multiple worksheets (containing over 65,000
rows of data in total). I want to export all the info from all sheets
into a single text file (all the sheets are in the same format).
I can manage to export each sheet into a separate text file using the
following code:

----
Dim SheetCounter As Integer

For SheetCounter = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(SheetCounter).Activate
ChDir "P:\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs filename:= _
"P:\" & ActiveSheet.Name & ".txt" _
, FileFormat:=xlText, CreateBackup:=False
End If
Next
------

Could someone let me know how to export data from multiple sheets into
a single text file.

Many thanks,
Chris Dunigan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the quick reply.
The suggestion is great for myself, however the premise of the
spreadsheet is that inexperienced users simply click a button and the
code does everything else. I wonder if there is a way to automate this
task.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is a reference for how to write code to work with text files:

http://support.microsoft.com/support...eio/fileio.asp
File Access with Visual Basic® for Applications

Tom Ogilvy