Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "Incorrect Add-in Format"

I've got an excel file which I changed to an .xla file by using Save
as.. - one of the standard ways.
When I now goto the Tools Add-ins.. Browse Select the .xla file
, the application tells me that it is an incorrect format.
The add-in has a reference to Outlook (which is installed on the
machine), and extracts various information from Outlooks Contacts
folder, and then displays this info in Excel, could this be the cause
of the problem?

J.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This has happened to me where I have set the isaddin property to false in
the vbe then saved (by mistake) before I set it back to true.

If that happened at some point, try renaming the file to an xls and see if
you can open it as a normal file, then resave it as an xla.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com
Check out our XspandXL add-in

om...