Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add-in causing 'GHOST' cells to be selected

I have an add-in which manipulates data on one of the xla's sheets
The problem is that if I'm in another workbook and I use the add-in
some of the activebooks cells become selected(I may get three
independent cells on the activesheet selected at the same time!)
This looks really untidy and I think its down to the add-in

Any ideas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jason,

2 possibles (without seeing your code)

Don't use select. This goes to the active window.
Reference your cells by workbook and sheet name
Workbooks("myxla").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")
(amend to fit your workbooks)

You can do most code without selecting. Also speeds up processing.

--
sb
om...