Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autofill last row?

Try this

Sub filldownrow()
Dim rng1 As Range
For a = 1 To 9
Set rng1 = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, a).End(xlDown)
rng1.AutoFill _
Destination:=Range(rng1, _
rng1.Offset(1, 0)), _
Type:=xlFillDefault
Next

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)
www.rondebruin.nl

"chris" wrote in message ...
With the help of this newsgroup I was able to write the following macro to
autofill the last cell in column A down one row:

Sub filldownrow()
Dim rng1 As Range
Set rng1 = Sheets("Totals").Range("A1").End(xlDown)
rng1.AutoFill _
Destination:=Range(rng1, _
rng1.Offset(1, 0)), _
Type:=xlFillDefault
End Sub

Now I need to do the same thing but for the entire last row (or columns A
through I to be exact.) I know I could just run 9 different macros, but
would prefer just one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron,

Thank you so much for your reply. That solution works great. Unfortunately
it doesn't quite work for what I need because of something I forgot to
mention. The top few cells in some of the columns are empty. The first row
that is completely full is row 9. From there down, all cell are used. Is
there any way to get it to look at A9 through I9 as the starting point?
Thanks again.

Chris

"chris" wrote in message

With the help of this newsgroup I was able to write the following macro

autofill the last cell in column A down one row:

Sub filldownrow()
Dim rng1 As Range
Set rng1 = Sheets("Totals").Range("A1").End(xlDown)
rng1.AutoFill _
Destination:=Range(rng1, _
rng1.Offset(1, 0)), _
Type:=xlFillDefault
End Sub

Now I need to do the same thing but for the entire last row (or columns

through I to be exact.) I know I could just run 9 different macros, but
would prefer just one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Cris

Use this then

Set rng1 = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(9, a).End(xlDown)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"chris" wrote in message

With the help of this newsgroup I was able to write the following macro

autofill the last cell in column A down one row:

Sub filldownrow()
Dim rng1 As Range
Set rng1 = Sheets("Totals").Range("A1").End(xlDown)
rng1.AutoFill _
Destination:=Range(rng1, _
rng1.Offset(1, 0)), _
Type:=xlFillDefault
End Sub

Now I need to do the same thing but for the entire last row (or columns

through I to be exact.) I know I could just run 9 different macros, but
would prefer just one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron,

That did it. Works perfect. Thank you so much.
One more question. Is there a way to do it if there is an empty colum? For
example, if I wanted to have columns D and G empty for visual reasons.

"chris" wrote in message

With the help of this newsgroup I was able to write the following

macro
autofill the last cell in column A down one row:

Sub filldownrow()
Dim rng1 As Range
Set rng1 = Sheets("Totals").Range("A1").End(xlDown)
rng1.AutoFill _
Destination:=Range(rng1, _
rng1.Offset(1, 0)), _
Type:=xlFillDefault
End Sub

Now I need to do the same thing but for the entire last row (or

columns
through I to be exact.) I know I could just run 9 different macros,

but
would prefer just one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way

If the cell in row 9 is empty it will go to the next one

Sub filldownrow()
Dim rng1 As Range
For a = 1 To 9
If Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(9, a) < "" Then
Set rng1 = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 9).End(xlDown)
rng1.AutoFill _
Destination:=Range(rng1, _
rng1.Offset(1, 0)), _
Type:=xlFillDefault
End If
Next

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)
www.rondebruin.nl

"chris" wrote in message
With the help of this newsgroup I was able to write the following

macro
autofill the last cell in column A down one row:

Sub filldownrow()
Dim rng1 As Range
Set rng1 = Sheets("Totals").Range("A1").End(xlDown)
rng1.AutoFill _
Destination:=Range(rng1, _
rng1.Offset(1, 0)), _
Type:=xlFillDefault
End Sub

Now I need to do the same thing but for the entire last row (or

columns
through I to be exact.) I know I could just run 9 different macros,

but
would prefer just one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry : Typo

Use this one

Sub filldownrow()
Dim rng1 As Range
For a = 1 To 9
If Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(9, a) < "" Then
Set rng1 = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(9, a).End(xlDown)
rng1.AutoFill _
Destination:=Range(rng1, _
rng1.Offset(1, 0)), _
Type:=xlFillDefault
End If
Next a

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)
www.rondebruin.nl

"chris" wrote in message
With the help of this newsgroup I was able to write the following

macro
autofill the last cell in column A down one row:

Sub filldownrow()
Dim rng1 As Range
Set rng1 = Sheets("Totals").Range("A1").End(xlDown)
rng1.AutoFill _
Destination:=Range(rng1, _
rng1.Offset(1, 0)), _
Type:=xlFillDefault
End Sub

Now I need to do the same thing but for the entire last row (or

columns
through I to be exact.) I know I could just run 9 different macros,

but
would prefer just one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you so much. That does exactly what I want it to do. I didn't know
at first that empty columns would affect it because when I do it manually,
they don't.
I continue to be amazed by the level of knowledge and helpfullness exhibited
on this newsgroup. I wish all were the same. It really helps when newbies
like me (at least in excel programming) can come and ask questions and
people are willing to help.

"chris" wrote in message
With the help of this newsgroup I was able to write the

following
macro
autofill the last cell in column A down one row:

Sub filldownrow()
Dim rng1 As Range
Set rng1 = Sheets("Totals").Range("A1").End(xlDown)
rng1.AutoFill _
Destination:=Range(rng1, _
rng1.Offset(1, 0)), _
Type:=xlFillDefault
End Sub

Now I need to do the same thing but for the entire last row

(or
columns
through I to be exact.) I know I could just run 9 different

macros,
but
would prefer just one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are welcome Chris.

--