Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MACRO Speed?

I have a pretty complex Macro that compiles and sorts 5
Worksheets of data containing a combined 1300 names. It
has worked fine and fast until now. I added a replace
function to it and now it takes forever. What can be
done to increase the speed of the Macro? Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

Coupla' options.....
Turn off ScreenUpdating while the macro runs:
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
(set it back to True at the end of your macro)
Turn off Calculation also:
(set it back to Automatic at the end of your macro)

Take a look here for more info on speeding things up:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

and also he
http://www.decisionmodels.com/

John