Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default text box tab problem

A few days ago I posed the following questions:

"I have a text box on a user form and I want to format it
so the user has to enter numbers (with a decimal) and the
result needs to be displayed in the text box as currency.
I don't want it to allow text. ??? SDC"

Here was an excellent answer:

"Hi SDC

Userform code:

Private Sub TextBox1_Enter()
TextBox1.SelStart = 0
TextBox1.SelLength = Len(TextBox1.Text)
End Sub

Private Sub TextBox1_KeyPress(ByVal KeyAscii As
MSForms.ReturnInteger)
Select Case KeyAscii
Case 8 To 10, 13, 27, 32 'Control characters
Case 44, 46 'comma, dot
If InStr(TextBox1.Text, ".") = 0 Then
KeyAscii = 46
Else
KeyAscii = 0
End If
Case 45 'minus
If TextBox1.SelStart = 0 And InStr
(TextBox1.Text, "-") = 0 Then
Else
KeyAscii = 0
End If
Case 48 To 57 'numbers
Case Else 'Discard anything else
KeyAscii = 0
End Select
End Sub

Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As
MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
Dim D As Double
D = CDbl(TextBox1.Text)
TextBox1.Text = Format(D, "Currency")

HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP"

However, when I tab out of my text box the next tab stop
is a command button. The text in the text box does not
convert to currency when tabbing to a command button. To
convert to currency, I have to select another text box???

SDC