Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Query Counter

I have 2 workbooks, workbook A and workbook B. Everytime
workbook A is opened it references cells in workbook B. I
want to know if there is a way I can track the number of
times workbook B is queried. For instance, here is a
formula that is in cell A1 of workbook A. If I were to
open that workbook 2 times, it would query cell A1 in
workbook B 2 times. I want to keep track of this. How
can I do this?

='Q:\QTD\Current Version\[FULLY DYNAMIC REVISION.xls]Quick
Reference'!A1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Todd

Use an event procedure - the number has to be stored
somewhere in the workbook say sheet1, A1 use something
like this.

Sub Auto_Open()
Dim i as Long, calls As Range
Set Calls = Worksheet(1).range("A1")
Calls = Calls + 2
End Sub

This increases the value by 2 each time the workbook
opens. You could also tie the event to before printing by
calling the macro Before_Print()

Peter

.