Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sorting sheet and linked cells

=Vlookup("Type1",$A$2:$C$300,3,0))

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Tom Atkisson wrote in message
I have a sheet with several columns.
A B C D E
1 Name Lvl Cost Retail Upgrade
2 Type1 1 5 10 0
3 Pear 1 6 12 0
4 Type2 2 12 24 5

If an upgrade is posible I link the cell under upgrade to the appropriate
product under cost (=C2). I sometimes add items to the bottom of the list
and then use the Sort to sort them by Lvl and then by Name. The problem

is
this does not change the upgrade links to what they are supposed to be
pointing to. Have tried it by just inserting a row and they seem to up

date
fine, but with sort it doesn't. Is there a fix to this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That works unless I edit the Name and then I have to find the link and
change it too. Is there some other way?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
=Vlookup("Type1",$A$2:$C$300,3,0))

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hard code the value in rather than create a link.

Seriously, formulas are not going to adjust within the sort and Name is the
only thing unique to use to find the row. Put a unique ID number in the
first column that can be used as a nonchanging reference.

Tom Ogilvy

Tom Atkisson wrote in message
That works unless I edit the Name and then I have to find the link and
change it too. Is there some other way?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
=Vlookup("Type1",$A$2:$C$300,3,0))