Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Builtin Properties

Hello,

Is it possible to display the Builtin Properties "Title"
and "Subject" of an Excel workbook to a specific cell?

I use the "Subject" line for version control. Everytime I
make modifications to the Workbook, I update the version
number and date in the "Subject" line.

Thanks
Ruan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ruan,

See www.cpearson.com/excel/docprop.htm for details about using VBA to write
a function to return built-in and custom document properties. You can call
these functions directly from worksheet cells.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ruan" wrote in message
Hello,

Is it possible to display the Builtin Properties "Title"
and "Subject" of an Excel workbook to a specific cell?

I use the "Subject" line for version control. Everytime I
make modifications to the Workbook, I update the version
number and date in the "Subject" line.

Thanks
Ruan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...Properties.zip

The workbook has a family of VBA routines to help you create, amend, and
delete Custom Document Properties

It's in the "Administration Utilities" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

The code is open and commented.

--

Regards