Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel macro

Hi Bruce,
Sheet1: Name, ID
Sheet2: hours worked
Sheet3: Name, ID, hours worked

how is sheet2 related to sheet1, or to name, or to ID
it has to correspond in some manner.

How is it that you would have no trouble filling in performance
data for a worker but can't combine the other lists.
--
---
HTH,

"Bruce Farley" wrote in message ...
I am working with multiple tabs in a single excel file.
The first tab lists the names and ID numbers of workers.
The second tab has a column displaying the total hours
worked in the pay period. My question relates to the
third tab which has three cells which I want to fill,
Name, ID Number, and Hours Worked. I am looking for a
macro which will look at the source cells for the first
worker and insert the desired data into the appropriate
cells in Tab 3. Performance info will then be inserted
into cells on Tab 3; which is then printed. The macro
will then go to the source data for workers number 2 and
insert the relevant info onto Tab 3. This process repeats
for all workers. I have to stay with Excel, instead of
using Access, because of the lack of staff expertise in
Access and the turnover of staff. Does Excel have this
macro capability?