Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find button on worksheet

I was given a suggestion to use
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show
in place of the Sendkeys method from my original post
below that I couldn't get to work. However, the
Dialogs.Show method opens the Find form read-only and will
not work. The reason I am trying to place this button in
the spreadsheet is because it will be used on a pocket PC
that doesn't have the ability to add the icon to the
toolbar. Besides, it should be possible to do...

My original post was:
I have been trying to use the Sendkeys command to open the
Find form. The short cut to Find is Ctrl+F; however I
cannot get it to work. I tried Sendkeys to bring up
Spellcheck and it worked fine. What am I doing wrong?
Here is my code:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.SendKeys "{^F}"
End Sub

TIA,
Al

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pocket PC doesn't support vba macros, so you might as well quit now.

What does Find form read-only mean?

the code I gave you puts up the Find dialog box, same a selecting it with
Edit=Find manually doing Ctrl+F

and the same as doing

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.SendKeys "^f"
End Sub

you don't use brackets and you don't use and Uppercase F.

Tom Ogilvy

"Al" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Now I am stumped, Application.SendKeys "^f" doesn't work
either. The only thing I can see happening when I click
the command button is Num Lock turning on and off
occasionally.

Thanks,

.