Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How Is This Done

I have been sent a workbook which has rows of data, this date is entered by
the user.

On each cell when it becomes activated, below and to the right a text box
appear with different instructions depending on the cell activated. Every
cell in each column has the same text box, but each column is different.
The text box (I assume it is a text box) stays viable until another cell is
selected and then the text attached to that cell is displayed. The text box
does not obscure the cell.

This is really neat, but how is this achieved? It is certainly not a
comment!

No code is involved that I can see as I have checked, there are no modules
and worksheet objects contain no code.

Any help would be appreciated as this is really bugging me.

Paul Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

I guess it's data validation.

Select a cell that you see the message. then go to datavalidationon tab
Input message do you see same the message written in there?

Regards,

Jon-jon