Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default text conversion in cells and setting color in rows.....(excel 97)

I am trying to modify my excel spreadsheets at the office to convert
all text in a specific range of cells to VbUpperCase. i've tried using
the examples on the MS developers forum but to no avail. my attempt
was something like:

Range("C1:BO281").text = VbUpperCase

this seems like a simple operation, i'm thinking i'm doing something
wrong with the range property or with my naming conventions...

my second problem is that i'd like to program my spreadsheets to test
the value of a specific cell and make the entire row a specific color
based on the result. ( a value of "Y" would make the row blue, a value
of "N" would make the entire row yellow, and a value of "Y" with a
value of "ULT" in another adjacent cell would set the color of the row
to sky blue)

any help that can be offered, specifically with the text conversion,
would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.