Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GUS GUS is offline

Default sheet navigator

I have a large sheet (80 columns,160 rows) which probably don't fit in user
screen , so i want something to work as navigator to the sheet.
I thought probably a modeless userform with small sheet preview inside it
..
If that's possible then after clicking to the desired area (in the userform
of course) the sheet can scroll in that area (probably with cell select or
scroll).
Can this be done ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I realize I might sound a little dense, but I'll risk it: what's wrong with
the built-in scroll bars in Excel? It seems best to me when you stick with
what the user already knows about and is familiar with; when you try to
re-invent the wheel it costs time and money and rarely works well.

You can provide a little bit of navigational aid by placing blank columns so
they can scroll quickly left and right with ctrl-{right arrow} and
ctrl-{left arrow}. This key sequence will move to the end of the current
area, so a blank column is a "stopping point."

Another useful (and also built-in) feature is the split scrolling feature,
which allows column and row headers to stay put while scrolling, which can
also be helpful for users. (Look up "Panes" in the online help for more info
on this feature).

--
HTH -

-Frank
Microsoft Excel MVP
Dolphin Technology Corp.
http://vbapro.com

.
If that's possible then after clicking to the desired area (in the

userform
of course) the sheet can scroll in that area (probably with cell select or
scroll).
Can this be done ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming