Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Display Alerts

I have just upgrade to Excel 2000 from 98. Am having trouble with some old
macros. It seems that DisplayAlerts = False is not working when I try to
close workbook without saving. Is there something different I need to do in
2000 version?
Thanks
Valerie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you could be more explicit when you close the workbook:

workbooks("book2.xls").close savechanges:=false 'true???

I don't think you'll have to worry about alerts if you tell excel what to do
with your changes.

Valerie wrote:

Sorry it wasn't clear.
Using Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Getting an Alert
Thanks
Valerie
"John Wilson" wrote in message
Valerie,

Are you using:
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
???
What do you mean by "not working"??
Are you getting an alert or an error??

John

--

Dave Peterson

Alerts.... gustin Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 January 3rd 10 11:43 PM
Alerts Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 September 9th 09 03:01 PM
Display Alerts MarkN Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 June 8th 06 03:13 AM
Alerts? audiophile New Users to Excel 4 December 29th 05 02:16 PM
Code to not display delete sheet alerts John[_46_] Excel Programming 2 August 25th 03 01:44 PM