Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Incrementing cell references in a formula in steps

Hello MS,

Is there a way of incrementing cell references in a
formula in steps:

eg =sheet1!a1 + sheet2!a3

is there a way to say somehting like =sheet1!a(1+x) +
sheet2!a(3+y) ??? where x & y are steps that we need to
increment by.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

Hello there! I'm in Brisbane.

In answer to your question, try something like this-

=OFFSET(A1,(ROW()-2)+1,0)

The above formula gave me the value in every second row.

and the following formula gave me the value from every third row.

=OFFSET(A1,(ROW()-1)*2-1,0)

regards,

JohnI