Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calculate top 100 values in non-consecutive rows

I have a worksheet which I would like to sum the totals of the 100 cells
(same column, non-consecutive rows)
with the highest values in them and place this resultant in a cell of its
own.

Can this be done?
Thanks,
Eric

P.S. I posted this in the MISC group the other day but I think this group
may be more appropriate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am getting an error because the cells I want compared are in
non-consecutive rows. How can I work around this?

Thanks,
Eric
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
=SUMPRODUCT(LARGE(C1:C500,ROW(1:100)))

Tom Ogilvy

ZermaPersians wrote in message
I have a worksheet which I would like to sum the totals of the 100 cells
(same column, non-consecutive rows)
with the highest values in them and place this resultant in a cell of

its
own.

Can this be done?
Thanks,
Eric

P.S. I posted this in the MISC group the other day but I think this

group
may be more appropriate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you said non-consecutive rows, I thought you meant the top 100 values
were not contiguous, i.e. the data is not sorted.

Nonetheless, unless you have numbers or error values in the range you don't
want to consider, there is no reason to use a non-contiguous range. Cells
with text should not interfere. So instead of A1:A5,A11:A15,A21:A25, use
A1:A25 as an example.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
=SUMPRODUCT(LARGE(C1:C500,ROW(1:100)))

Tom Ogilvy

ZermaPersians wrote in message
I have a worksheet which I would like to sum the totals of the 100

cells
(same column, non-consecutive rows)
with the highest values in them and place this resultant in a cell of

its
own.

Can this be done?
Thanks,
Eric

P.S. I posted this in the MISC group the other day but I think this

group
may be more appropriate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The column contains both text and number values I want to ignore. Trying to
select just the cells I want included for the comparison and calculation
does not work. I get a "too many arguments" error.

Eric