Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Check if a String is inside an Array

No; but if the functions in the freely downloadable file at
http://home.pacbell.net/beban are available to your workbook, the coding
can look simpler (the looping is within the function):

Replace the loop with
If ArrayCountIf(MyArray, A) 0 Then _
MsgBox "it's there" Else MsgBox "it's not"

Alan Beban

Luis Carrion wrote:
Hi,
If I were to check if a variable: A="Test" is inside a list of
possible strings,I´ll do this:

Dim A as string
Dim B as variant
Dim MyArray As variant

MyArray=Array("Test", "This")
For Each B in MyArray
If A=B then Msgbox "It´s inside the group
Next A

Is it possible to test this in other way; something like this
If A is in/like MyArray then....... ---without looping inside the
array

Thanks.
LC