Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Mass rename of worksheets/Workbooks

Write a macro which handles the Application.WorkbookOpen event and attach it
to the Application object using WithEvents. Make the macro rename the sheet
in the workbook to the same as the workbook name. Open all of the workbooks
(just drag them from Explorer), save and close them.

Regards,
Aaron Queenan.

"PaulW" wrote in message
Hello Newsgroup Users and Gurus.

You’re kind assistance please.

I’ll be surprised if this can be achieved.
I have over 400 .xls file. Each workbook has one
worksheet.

I have to rename each workbook & each respective
worksheet. Is there anyway of renaming each worksheet on
mass or the easiest way of a completing this task.

All workbooks are in the same folder. I’m using Excel 98
on a WIN-NT machine.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Paul