Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with a list box please

I've been trying to construct a drop down box on my
spreadsheet using Excel97and can't seem to get past first
base. For simplicity I'll just refer to a new s/s. Could
someone guide me step by step how to do this so I can then
understand and follow the procedure.

I wish to insert the names of countries in Cell A1 and
then use the contents elsewhere on my spreadsheet.
I have a list of the countries in cells F1: F200
How do I have an icon say a down arrow in cell1 or beside
it, that when I click on it, I get a list of all the
countries, and then select by clicking on it the one I
want, which then inserts it into my cell A1.

If someone could respond by using just say 3 or 4
countries as an example, I would be very grateful.

Thankyou.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Use the data validation tool found on the data menu,
data...validation

select the type to list and then set the source in your
case f1:f200

I've been trying to construct a drop down box on my
spreadsheet using Excel97and can't seem to get past

first
base. For simplicity I'll just refer to a new s/s. Could
someone guide me step by step how to do this so I can

then
understand and follow the procedure.

I wish to insert the names of countries in Cell A1 and
then use the contents elsewhere on my spreadsheet.
I have a list of the countries in cells F1: F200
How do I have an icon say a down arrow in cell1 or

beside
it, that when I click on it, I get a list of all the
countries, and then select by clicking on it the one I
want, which then inserts it into my cell A1.

If someone could respond by using just say 3 or 4
countries as an example, I would be very grateful.

Thankyou.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For details on using Data Validation (the list option puts a dropdown arrow
in the cell when you select it).

Data Validation

at Debra Dalgleish's site.

Tom Ogilvy