Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Errors in The GantTool

I'd like to try out The GantTool by J. Glufke
(http://come.to/TheGantTool; however, I am recieving a number of
errors when I try to run the program. I have tried emailing J.
Glufke, but the emails are returned as undeliverable, so I thought I'd
see if anyone else has had a similar experience and was able to
resolve it. I am running Excel 2000 under Windows 2000 on an IBM
Thinkpad T23.

When I first open the add in, I get the following message:

System Error &H80070057 (-2147024809). The parameter is incorrect.

I can press OK and the add in will load OK from that point. When I
try to use certain operations, such as format Gant Lines, I get the
following message:

The macro 'GANTTOOL.XLS!MenuBalkenDialogAusfXXren' cannot be found.
(Where XX is a graphic character like a chinese character.)

I do have various Chinese character sets loaded on my PC, could this
be confusing the macro calls? Or am I missing something from the
program? Any help would be appreciated! From what I've seen of the
samples in the tutorial, this add in looks to do exactly what I'm
after.

Regards,
Joe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...s/x97gantt.zip
It's in the "Project Planning" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

A demonstration of how a Gantt chart can be constructed in Excel. Useful for
controlling small projects. (No VBA)

--

Regards
Andy Wiggins