Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Colouring rows

Hi,

Trying to evaluate a specific date column for each row within my worksheet
and
if its within 14 days, colour the row blue
if its within 7 days, colour the row green and
if it's within 3 days colour it red.

I've had a search around and am succeeding only in chasing my tail.

Any help/advice gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Format=conditional formatting can handle up to three conditions.

You just put in a formula that provides True for the condition. in you
case, you would check in the opposite order you list them.

Assume your dates are in Column C, and the your checking today is
approaching those dates (they are future dates)

Select A1:IV200 as an example with A1 as the active cell.

Do format=conditional formatting
change Cell Value is to Formula is

in the box enter
=And($C1<Today()+3)
click the Format button and under the patterns tab, select Red
Click the Add button and repeat with formulas
=And($C1<Today()+7) and green
=And($C1<Today()+14) and blue

You might have to change the 3, 7 and 14 to one less or one more depending
on your definitions.

In each of the formulas, the $C1 should be adjusted in the row to reflect
the row of the active cell at the time the format is defined and of course
change $C to $ whatever the column letter is of your dates.

Tom Ogilvy

"Steven" .uk wrote in
message ...