Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Distributing Macros

I am very new to app programming in Excel. I have a macro which
creates a custom menu and toolbar. The toolbar uses gif files stored
in a required folder on the user's local hard drive.

I do not have the developer's tool for office.

What is the best approach to distributing this to 20 users?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you must use custom images for the toolbar faces, then I suggest you
store them in a workbook and name them so code can refer to them directly.
Place all of the code and save the workbook as a special Excel Addin.

Here's a sample of the code that copies the custom image onto the toolbar
face...

wksToolBar.Shapes("NameOfCustomImage").CopyPicture
ctlButton.PasteFace 'ctlButton = the commandbar
control you want to place the image on

You can them distribute the self-contained Addin.

--
Robert Rosenberg

om...