Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default opening a workbook in the current directory

I'm trying to determine whether or not this can be done using VBA:

Using Windows Explorer, say, I double-click to open an Excel file
located in a directory other than the default Excel directory. In this
workbook is VBA code that attempts to open another workbook located in
the same directory:

Workbooks.Open "XYZ.xls"

The operation fails, apparently because it's looking in the default
Excel directory. Is there a way to specify that the program look in the
current, working directory?

Rich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try to set a path variable inside of a procedure.

strPath = ThisWorkbook.Path

That will set the path to the current workbook. I've used that
successfully, but be warned... I've tried to set a private form
wide variable to do this to use between different procedures
and the variable doesn't keep itself intact. I can't figure out
what the deal is with that, but I get around it by declaring
(Dim) the variable in every procedure I need it and force the
ThisWorkbook.Path into it.

--
Jim Carlock
http://www.microcosmotalk.com