Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Execute a query against an excel doc and a sql server db

I've come across a situation where a customer needs a query executed
against an excel spreadsheet that is auto refreshed and my program's
database. I have seen code examples that execute a query against 2
databases but not a database and an excel doc. I've attempted to
manipulate the code for 2 databases unsuccessfully. If anyone has any
ideas or examples on such a scenario, I would greatly appreciate any
help that you can offer. I understand that the use of catalogs and
tables in adox is most likely required but I haven't had any luck with
it thus far.

Rick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Export the data on the Excel sheet to a table and then use your
methods to access two tables.

Excel can export to a variety of different table formats, including
CSV, dbf, tab-delimited, etc.

Let us know if that helps in some way.

--
Jim Carlock