Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Finding data in another Excel file

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a macro that copies data from one Excel file to another.
Excel file 1, called Calcs.xls, contains calculations and placed orders on
certain products. Excel file 2, called Incoming.xls, contains information
when the products are supposed to arrive.

The Incoming.xls contains one sheet for every week of the year, that's the
reason for it not beeing in the same file as the other data - which in turn
change content over the course of the year.

What I need to do is something similar to the Lookup functions in Excel.

Incoming.xls needs to check cell C1 (contains the current weeknumber), go to
the sheet "Orders" in Calcs.xls, and find the Incoming.xls-C1 value on a row
3. Once that's found, it needs to copy the contents of that column (rows 5 -
40) to the Incoming file.

I've tried a couple of different variations, but can't figure out how to
solve this - maybe because I'm still fairly new at VBA coding? :)

Anyone who cares to help me out here?

Regards,
Christian Davidsson