Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default API coding

Hello,

I have posted some questions in this newsgroup but there
wasn't any solution to this. As I was working on this
problem, I managed to see the cause.

I want to convert excel 95 to excel 2000/2002. It
involves API coding whereby it was created in 16-bit and
need to run it in a 32-bit Office Application.

Is there a way to solve this matter?

Thanks,
sheela
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi again,

If I make any changes in the API coding for the windows
just to make this particular to work, will it affect the
system?

Thanks.

I have posted some questions in this newsgroup but there
wasn't any solution to this. As I was working on this
problem, I managed to see the cause.

I want to convert excel 95 to excel 2000/2002. It
involves API coding whereby it was created in 16-bit and
need to run it in a 32-bit Office Application.

Is there a way to solve this matter?

Thanks,
sheela
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Sheela,

To answer your immediate question, it's very unlikely to damage your
system by changing API calls. It's very easy to crash your program by doing
this, but that won't hurt your computer. However, Excel 95 is a 32-bit
version of Excel that only ran on 32-bit versions of Windows (Windows 95 and
later). If you had any 16-bit API calls in your Excel 95 program, they
should have been crashing obviously there.

Why don't you post an example of one of these 16-bit API declarations
that isn't working correctly for you, explain what it doesn't do that it's
supposed to, provide a sample of code that uses it, along with the text of
any error messages you receive.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Sheela" wrote in message
Hi again,

If I make any changes in the API coding for the windows
just to make this particular to work, will it affect the
system?

Thanks.

I have posted some questions in this newsgroup but there
wasn't any solution to this. As I was working on this
problem, I managed to see the cause.

I want to convert excel 95 to excel 2000/2002. It
involves API coding whereby it was created in 16-bit and
need to run it in a 32-bit Office Application.

Is there a way to solve this matter?

Thanks,
sheela
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Macro coding is simply programming in VBApp. VBApp is a
Windows version of GW-BASIC. If you've written in any
version of Visual BASIC, VBApp is pretty much the same.

There's a few pecurialities. Post the API calls and I'll offer
what I can to help out.

--
Jim Carlock
http://www.microcosmotalk.com

"Sheela" wrote in message
Rob,

As I'm new to this macro coding, I not sure where this
API coding appears. How I knew it was when the error
message popped up saying that "Can't run 16-bit program"

I'll send you the files to your email. I'll explain to
you more there.

Thanks & Regards,